January 2011

January 2011
photo: Joan Baril

Sunflowers, Russian Giant

Sunflowers, Russian Giant
Tallest about 12 foot high.

Sunday 23 January 2011

Resurection

I am revising my garden blog.  Perhaps the arrival of the seeds gave me the motivation.  I have always kept a garden diary on Microsoft Word, but this year, 2011, my  blog will be my diary.

Some background: I have a small city garden which is crammed with perennials and bushes.  I like the jungle look for two reasons - it attracts birds, it gives a feeling of privacy and isolation in a busy neighbourhood.  Also it is easy upkeep.

I also grow most of my annuals under lights in the basement. So far, I have ordered my seeds from my favourite supplier, T&T seeds in Winnipeg, and they have arrived along with a litre of slug pellets and a spray bottle of Critter Ridder - more about these two organic products later.

No comments: