January 2011

January 2011
photo: Joan Baril

Sunflowers, Russian Giant

Sunflowers, Russian Giant
Tallest about 12 foot high.

Sunday 11 May 2008

The unpottables

My unpottables .
Coleus. I have grown it from seed and also bought it from local nurseries. I love the variegated leaves but outside the plant does not thrive for me for any length of time.
Dahlias. An experienced gardener told me that dahlia just do not like pots.
Sweet peas - skimpy
Moon flowers – did not bloom before frost.
Evening stock.(also called night scented stock) I am not giving up on this plant because the scent is so wonderful and I want it on the patio. But, it does not like to be transplanted.
I hate dracaena. An ugly spiky thing. The typical Thunder Bay arrangement is a dracaena in the middle surrounded by red salvia. It looked great in 1965.
Leaf Lettuce - not great results. Perhaps the wrong variety.

No comments: